Tuesday 7 February 2012

Now with Group

I had decided to pace myself by making only one post a week, but it turns out I'm not good at not saying things.  So I'm going to permit myself two, but save the analysis for Fridays only.

Levitation Does Not Count as Meditation.  This week I took up the challenge of answering a question from DUG1138 in the General forum.  I made myself a little glitch friend, got him a lab coat, learned levitation, and levitated 345 times.  If you are curious about the number, levitation lasts 5 seconds and the smallest badge is 23 minutes, so 276 levitations should do the trick, but I was concerned there might be an off-by-one error, so I assumed levitation would only add 4 seconds to the count.  The result: no badge.

Orange Hair.  Last night, on the 7th of Candy, Li'll Missy suggested having a party for Innie to celebrate the fact that her human accidentally died her hair orange.  We all donned orange themed costumes and hair and decorated a party space with orange food and drinks.  You can see a forum post with a link to a picture here.  I sort of like the change, so I'm going to keep the orange hair for a little while.  The only downside is that it doesn't go with my octopus, so for a little while I'll be showing my antlers instead.

Mathemaglitch Group.  I decided to start an official group for Mathemaglitch.   I'd like to have a place where people can ask questions like "Does levitation count as meditation" or "Is tithing worth it?" and other people can find answers.  Obviously I'm using this blog as a vehicle for that, but I'd like to have a link back into the game.  Of course I am not one to do recruitment drives and that most groups fairly rapidly become defunct and silent, so I don't exactly have my hopes up.  If nothing else, though, I wanted to see how starting a group works.  For Science!

No comments:

Post a Comment